Founded in 1893 by the Ursuline Sisters, Ursuline Academy of Wilmington, Delaware, is a Catholic, independent, college-preparatory school comprised of four academic branches: Early Childhood, Lower School, Middle School, and Upper School. Ursuline Academy is an independent, Catholic school community that empowers students for leadership and service in our global society.
Upper School Principal
Ursuline Academy seeks a new Upper School Principal to begin July 2019. This is an exceptional opportunity to help lead a high-performing, girls’ independent, Catholic institutional division with more than a hundred years of outstanding service to its community to even greater paths of curricular innovation, community engagement, and social consciousness.
The successful candidate for Upper School Principal will possess the qualities and qualifications as follows:
- Outstanding communications and relational skills
- Expertise with curriculum and best teaching practices
- Inspirational leadership and champion of student achievement
- Skilled advocate for the Upper School division
- An enthusiastic and transparent collaborator
- Visionary leadership and inclusive methodology
- A track record of exceptional results in an independent school or other mission-critical environment
- Team builder capabilities to inspire faculty and staff toward achieving consensus around key goals and priorities
- Ability to position the school for success and to “create demand” for the uniquely compelling UA experience
- Innovative leadership with a passion for mission and outstanding curriculum-structuring experience
- Commitment to a Catholic values education.
Applicants should click here to review a complete description and additional information.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit electronically in one email and as separate documents (preferably PDFs) the following materials as soon as possible:
- Cover letter expressing interest in the leadership position and aligning your skills and experiences with the leadership needs of Ursuline Academy at this time
- Current resume with all appropriate dates
- Brief statement or educational or leadership philosophy and practice
- List of five references with name, phone number, and email address for each (references will not be contacted until a mutual interest is established and only with the candidate’s permission)
Temporary Manager of Extended Day & Auxiliary Programs
Ursuline Academy has an immediate opening for a temporary Manager of Extended Day & Auxiliary Programs to develop, implement, and oversee revenue generating school programs, including rentals, extended day and summer programs. This is a full-time position. The hours are 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. during regular school days but the holiday program hours differ. Click here for a complete job description. Interested candidates should email their resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com. Please include Temporary Manager of Extended Day & Auxiliary Programs in the subject line of email.
Ursuline Academy’s Office of Technology is seeking a part-time Technology Coordinator with the opportunity to transition into full-time employment. Click here for a complete job description. Candidates should have a working knowledge of Mac and PC hardware and software, in addition to strong communication and organization skills. Blackbaud, Google Suite, and audiovisual (set up and operation) experience is a plus. Interested candidates can email their resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Technology Coordinator in the subject line of email.
Campus Security Officer
Ursuline Academy’s Office of Facilities is seeking a part-time Campus Security Officer to work 4:00-9:00 p.m. A high school diploma is required but a college degree is preferred. A minimum of five years experience in security of law enforcement is required. Interested candidates can email their resume to email@example.com. Please include Campus Security Officer in the subject line of email.
Ursuline Academy’s Facilities Department is looking for motivated candidates who want to work at Ursuline. Maintenance has two part-time cleaning positions available – one daytime and one evening. If you are interested, please email Marie Ferrier at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.